Calling all Trauma-Informed Education Experts! The 5th Annual Creating Trauma-Sensitive Schools Conference has opened our Call for Workshop Proposals. The Creating Trauma-Sensitive Schools Conference – #TSS2022ATN – is the largest gathering of trauma-informed, resilience-building educators in the US.
This year’s conference will be a hybrid – with both an in-person and virtual component, to reach even more educators! So we are looking for workshops to be presented both in Houston, TX and/or virtually.
Here are some specifics:
- In-person dates are Feb 20-22, 2022 at the Hilton of the Americas in downtown Houston, TX.
- Virtual dates are Feb 24 & 25, 2022 and will be recorded for on-going access after the conference.
- All Workshops will be 75-minutes in length, including Q&A.
New this year are two other opportunities:
- 30-minute Case Studies. If your school is implementing trauma-informed practices and want to share your outcomes and approach, we will be hosting sessions where teams can present their programs during our virtual component (Feb 24 & 25, 2022). Please use the link above to apply to present a case study.
- Pre-conference seminars/experiential sessions. On Sunday, February 20, 2022, #TSS2022ATN will have a pre-conference day where ½-day and whole day seminars will be offered on a variety of trauma-informed, resilience-building topics. These will be by invitation only. However, if your organization is interested in being considered, you can send a letter of inquiry (links to your work encouraged) to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Workshop Proposal Call will be open through June 30, 2021. Our selection committee will then review and make decisions, notifying all who propose in August. Registration for the conference will open in August. Please email any questions you have to us at email@example.com.