ATN Seeks Development Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director and interfaces directly with Board of Directors
The Attachment & Trauma Network, Inc. (ATN) is excited to begin our 25th year of helping traumatized children in their families, schools and communities. We are experiencing rapid growth in both the demand for our programs and in the need for the services we provide across the country. We need to retain services of a Development Coordinator to help in creating and maintaining a formal donor and fundraising program and the system to support development.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have passion for ATN’s mission of helping traumatized children in their families, schools and communities – this is MOST important!
- Have between 10-20 hours a week to devote to ATN’s Development Program which includes donors, members, grants and program fees.
- Have an understanding of non-profit fundraising, especially in the child welfare, mental health or education arenas. Experience in development is preferred, but will not outweigh passion.
- Working well as a team player is a must! The willingness to both lead strategically and be a worker bee when necessary is a must. A knack for coaching and supporting board members and others as we implement our development program would be outstanding.
- Must be highly organized, goal-oriented and prepared to work independently from home/work remotely and have a computer, internet access and technology to enable video conference.
- Must also be able to handle detailed information. He/she should be comfortable with online conferencing, social media and cloud-based administrative/document management. We use Salesforce CRM, so experience with that or other CRMs should be mentioned.
ATN’s culture is one of authenticity, passion, accountability and collaboration. Staff, board and volunteers all work together to do whatever is necessary, so you will become an integral part of the team. Communicating (online, on phone) your schedule and your intentions as well as your needs and your questions is critical in our work environment since our staff, board and volunteers are spread coast-to-coast and are working at different times. In this environment, we can offer a great deal of flexibility both in how you do your daily work and in your schedule, but it’s likely you’ll be asked to attend occasional evening/weekend board meetings (online) or other conference calls, depending on the schedules of our board members, donors and volunteers. Occasional travel (i.e. staff & board retreats, conferences or fundraising events) is also possible.
Development goals will be closely monitored throughout 2019 to determine if/when this contract needs to be expanded or a full-time employee hired.
- Works with ED and Board on strategic planning and implementation of development program which includes: direct fundraising, membership dues, grants, and sponsorships/support for programs.
- Works with ED and Board to identify and cultivate prospective donors.
- Drafts written materials, including grant proposals (with collaboration) and reports and fundraising letters
- Co-ordinates and encourages the development activities of other board members and volunteers.
- Solicits gifts and grants when appropriate.
- Works with Executive Director and Program Directors to match and prioritize funding prospects with specific programs
- Works with Conference Planning Team to develop strategy to solicit sponsors, exhibitors and other supporters of the conference when appropriate.
- Tracks donations and grants, including ATN’s follow up with inquiries, thank you notes, reporting to grantors, etc.
- Collaborates with ATN’s Executive Director to ensure that ATN’s development efforts meet all regulations, are appropriately accounted for, and are aligned with ATN’s overall mission and message.
- Works with Executive Director to produce outreach communication to donors and members at least twice annually.
- Works with Operations Manager to ensure accuracy of donor and membership data is kept through our administrative systems (CRM, bookkeeping and others).
Interested candidates should send their resumes and three or more references to firstname.lastname@example.org