Trauma-Informed Resources Available During COVID-19 Quarantine
ATN knows that the social distancing going on now can be VERY unsettling for our children impacted by trauma. Their early adversities cause them heightened anxiety when there are changes and when the adults in their world seem tense. Yet, we also have opportunities to increase connection, enhance our relationship with our children and model how to stay regulated when things are not “normal”.
Here are tips we have for Families on a forced “Staycation” with children who have been impacted by trauma and by attachment disorders:
NOTICE: ATN is hosting “It’s Ok to NOT Be OK” Zoom Room Chats starting this Friday, March 27, 3-5 pm eastern; 12-2 pm pacific. Parents, caregivers, teachers invited – drop in for support during those times. Login link is: https://zoom.us/j/431592502
- Tips for Trauma-Informed Parents during Social Distancing, Part 1
- Trauma-Informed Parenting during Our “Staycation” – Handout for Parents
- Tips for Trauma-Informed Parents during Social Distancing, Part 2
- Regulation Tips for Parents during Social Distancing, Part 3
Resources from the National Child Traumatic Stress Network for parents.
Everyone: This is a great website for everyone: Care for Your Coronavirus Anxiety – Shine
Educators & Parents Schooling At Home looking for trauma-informed and SEL resources online, check these out:
- Our friends at Respectful Ways are offering free access to 3 modules of your choice of their online SEL curriculum. ATN has been working with them to trauma-inform their curriculum.
- Ms. Jen Alexander shares trauma-sensitive strategies for educators to share with parents – This blog plus a webinar on Friday, March 20. Register here to be sent the link to the recording.
- Multilingual resources about the Coronavirus for teachers and parents…and students.
- Brain Pop’s video on Coronavirus. If you’re not familiar with Brain Pop, you may want to check out their free access to videos on nearly any subject…a fun way to augment what your child is learning.