Please note that our support groups, email lists and other resources may be hosted by third parties, such as yahoo.com. Information that you provide to or through such third party websites is subject to the privacy policies of such websites.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Information You Give Us: ATN receives and stores any information that you enter on the Site, for example when you register for an on-line support group or email list, or online community or when you make a donation or that you provide in any other manner, including personal information such as your name or email address. You can choose not to provide ATN such information, but then you might not be able to access or use portions of the Site or the resources we offer. ATN may, but is not obligated to, retain the content of any e-mails you send or information you provide by other means.
Automated Collection. ATN automatically receives and stores certain types of information whenever you visit the Site, such as: the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet, the IP address of the computer you are using and the browser and operating system you are using; the date and time you access the Site; and the Internet address of the website from which you linked to the Site. “Cookies” are used to automatically gather some of this information. A cookie is a small text file that the Site sends to your computer to collect information about your activities on the Site. The cookie transmits this information back to the Site each time your browser requests a page from the Site, and the information is stored to help facilitate your use of the Site the next time you visit. You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but then you may not be able to access or use certain portions of the Site.
To request that ATN delete or modify your personally identifiable information, such as your name or e-mail address, see our Correct/Update Procedure below.
How Do We Use Information?
ATN uses the information you provide and we collect:
• To administer, maintain and improve the Site and its operation;
• To assign you to an online community;
• To verify your identity and respond to your requests for information;
• To provide stated membership benefits and ATN organizational news;
• To solicit membership dues and other donations;
• To comply with applicable laws, statutes and regulations;
• To enforce the Terms, ATN’s rights, and the rights of others; and
• As specifically provided in the Terms and as you may otherwise agree.
To Whom Do We Disclose Information?
ATN shares your personally identifiable information as described below:
• With third parties that perform functions on ATN’s behalf, such as maintaining and operating the Site and its content. ATN does not authorize such third parties to use your information for other purposes;
• With our moderators to assign you to an online community;
• As ATN believes necessary to comply with laws, statutes or regulations and/or to enforce this Policy and the Terms and to protect our rights and the rights of other persons;
• As required by a court or government agency or to respond to a claim by you or a third party; and
• As you have otherwise agreed.
Subpoenas. ATN may respond to a subpoena received from a government agency (e.g., the Securities and Exchange Commission or law enforcement agencies) without prior notice to you. Unless prohibited by law or by a court order, ATN will attempt to notify you of any subpoena received from any other party (e.g., for civil litigation) which requires ATN to disclose your identity and will wait ten calendar days or a lesser amount of time as required by the deadline in the subpoena before providing the requested information.
You can view your personal information or delete or modify your personal information from our records by:
• Sending an email to email@example.com or
• Sending a written request by mail to the following address:
Correct/Update Personal Information
Attachment & Trauma Network
5010 Mt. Zion Road
Frederick, MD 21703
ATN reserves the right to verify the identity of any person making such a request, provided that we shall have no liability whatsoever resulting from false or erroneous requests. Personal information collected and transferred to back-up or archival storage may be retained indefinitely. ATN may also retain any information necessary for our business records and as required under applicable law.
Links and Disclaimer of Warranties
The Site has reasonable security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information under ATN’s control. While ATN strives to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure and do not warrant the security of any information or data. Communication via the Internet is not failsafe, and there is always a possibility that data may be lost or intercepted by unauthorized parties during transmission or after receipt. YOU AGREE THAT ATN SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER IN CONNECTION WITH ANY LOST OR INTERCEPTED DATA OR INFORMATION.
Conditions of Use
Your access and use of the Site is subject to this Policy and the Terms including limitations on damages and the applicability of the law of the State of Georgia.
If you have questions about this Policy, the Terms or the Site or its content, please contact us.