Where to Start
- Are you parenting a child whose earlier life included abuse or neglect, or pain from medical procedures or undiagnosed illnesses?
- Do you suspect your child has attachment problems?
- Have you tried several different parenting techniques, consulted counselors or doctors and have a nagging suspicion that you’ve yet to find what’s really wrong?
- Or has your child has already received the diagnosis of RAD, PTSD, trauma, anxiety disorders or developmental trauma?
ATN can help!
- Start by visiting our sections on Understanding Attachment and Attachment Trauma/Complex Trauma to get a better foundation of the causes and symptoms of these disorders.
- Then, join ATN, the VOICE for traumatized children and their families. At ATN parent members get the best in online, moderated support 24/7 as well as our Therapeutic Parenting Journal and access to training through our Learning Center to learn more about Therapeutic Parenting.
- Sign up for the ATN online support group of your choice and reach out — you will find experienced therapeutic parents there to help you.
- Check out ATN’s Resource Database to find a local trauma-informed, attachment-focused therapist to help your child and your family.
The most important healing agent for your child is YOU!
So ATN is here to support you, help you find the resources in your area, and to connect you with other parents traveling this journey.
You are Not Alone!
Looking for resources? Check out our nationwide database.
In crisis? Email us or call us for more support.
And don’t forget to take care of the MOST important person in your child’s life…YOU!