At the Attachment & Trauma Network, it is our mission to:
Promote healing of traumatized children and their families through support, education and advocacy.
- We believe that traumatized children and those with attachment disorders can heal.
- We believe that parents, who are supported and taught therapeutic parenting, are the best healing agents of their traumatized child.
- We believe that traumatized children need trauma-informed, attachment-focused therapies.
- We believe that traumatized children learn best in trauma-sensitive schools where strategies are in place to help them feel safe, stay regulated and not be retraumatized or triggered.
- We believe that providing resources to the families from the start (once a traumatized child has been identified) is the best way to minimize crises and reduce disruptions and potential “rehoming”.
- We believe that ongoing parent-to-parent support is critical in arming the families with strategies, tools and strength to persevere daily.
- We believe that “touching trauma at its heart” is more than a slogan…it’s a healing mission.
We Believe in ATN.
Statement of Inclusion
The Attachment & Trauma Network (ATN) welcomes the participation of all traumatized children, their parents, professionals who work with traumatized children, and interested parties. We resolve to maintain a community that is respectful of all persons, regardless of differences in age, race, ethnicity, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, religious beliefs, or socioeconomic status.